Pages

Thursday 4 February 2016

Roasted Sweet Potato & Chickpea Tacos w/ Vegan Chipotle Mayo




Let's get something straight, we are going to be using the terms "taco" and "burrito"
VERRRRRY loosely. Basically any Mexican spiced thing I put in a wrap. These ones in particular
I put in small whole wheat flour tortillas, so more of a taco size, but the rice and beans makes
it kind of a burrito. Who cares, give me allll the Mexican flavours in a wrap, in my mouth, thx.

I roasted off some sweet potatoes and chickpeas in olive oil and taco seasoning in the oven, at
400F for 30 mins, flipping half way. I cooked some brown rice in veggie stock, shredded some lettuce,
and chopped up an avocado. Simple right? Here's where the magic comes in though.

Vegan Chipotle BBQ Mayo.

Goddamn, you guys. This shit is delicious. I am going to put it on evvvverything. And you can too!
Here's my recipe:

1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1/2 of either coconut milk, almond milk or water
1 chipotle pepper in adobo, roughly chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp of your fave BBQ sauce

Blend all ingredients in a blender (I don't have a vitamix or anything fancy and it works great)
until smooth, then put it all over your food and enjoy! It keeps in the fridge for about a week,
and you can continue to put it on stuff to make it delicious :) I put it on a tofu scramble, a
vegan tacquito, a falafel pita... it goes on and on.

1 comment: